Sunday, April 25, 2010

2nd Psalm

Ah, Lord God, how glorious are Your ways!
I cried to You in desolate lands and You've knelt down to hold me in Your hands!

You speak softly to my heart and drive out all sorrow
You make me lie down in great, green pastures; You're my hope for tomorrow!

My God, my salvation, I love how You rescue me!
You enter the scene better than ANY hero saving the day and granting ME the victory!

My constant, faithful hope won't be turned away
For I know my Lord is faithful, just the same!

As You are faithful, so shall I be!
As You are loving, so shall I be!
As You are living, so shall I live!
As freely You've given, so freely I'll give!

I'll offer Your hope, Your healing
To a world You so love
I'll carry Your peace, Your comfort
Through the darkest valley-way.

I'll shout with joy and praise Your Holy Name,
I'll laugh, I'll cry, I'll love You
Through circumstances unchanged.

I'll grow according to the truth in Your Word; for Your Word is life to me,
I'll cling to all I know and trample evil principalities.

Your Word is alive and It's alive in me!
It causes my heart to beat stronger in the face of adversity!
Discouragement can't stop me; it can't even grab hold...
It merely serves as a catalyst; stirring me up in the Holy Ghost!

In You I live abundantly; a life unlimited and free
I lack and want for nothing; You so preciously take care of me!

My God, my Constant; my Unfailing Love,
Promising to never forsake me; I'll never be alone!
Not just beside me or leading the way,
You've made Your home inside me
And You'll keep it that way!

I can't turn You away from me,
I can't even drive You away!
You know all about my non-sense
And You love me anyway!

What a great, perfect and deep love the Father has for us!
Never stopping, relenting or decreasing, it's always the same!

When dark days come and trials head my way,
No matter how hard it is, I can never walk away.
Where else could I go and to whom could I turn?
Your plan for me is perfect; I can't do it my own way.

Through greatest trial and deepest heartbreak there's such solace to know:
My Father God is holding me and mending my shattered heart whole.

Joy unspeakable and full of glory is no longer unknown
Making Your Word greater than my circumstance has put fire in my bones!
When I spend time in Your Presence, I see Your plan unfold.
And as I pray in the Spirit, I can feel You healing my soul.

No greater love have I ever known;
In no greater way could You ever show
Than to take all the pain, tears and sorrow
And make them all Your Own.
Bearing the burdens I've casted, for You care for me
Bringing to me triumphant life; Christ in me, the hope of glory!

And that's my hope: You alone!
You alone have all my trust!
Circumstances may not change; yet again they may
But my Faithful God is faithful and full of hope and trust
And with me all the way.

No comments: