Sunday, April 25, 2010

1st Psalm

"It's gonna be alright; it's gonna be okay"
These are the promises Your Word proclaims,
"You'll make it, I'll see you through."
These words, I know, are coming from You.

I rely on You and freely receive
All the love and affection I'll ever really need.
Though I'm tired and weary, I know I can go on,
The power of God inside me propels me along!

My heart has failed me and my streams are dry;
My soul is longing for You and You've heard my cries.

When things work out, I praise Your Name,
And I praise You the same when things don't go according to plan.
My focus is You; steadfast is my gaze
On Perfect Love; completely sustains.

My hope is You and on You I hope
I place my faith in my God above.
You made Heaven and earth; life was created with a breath
Your intimate care; Your unending love.

When I'm broken, You take precious care
You mend my shattered pieces; make whole all that remains.
In brokenness I cry and I know You weep with me.
In a time of greatest trial; You are perfect peace!

My God, my Constant, my Unfailing Love,
You'll never forsake me, even when I'm wrong!
You listen to my hurts, complaints and regrets,
You simply restore me and tell me, "I'm not through with you yet!"

I'll never give up...no I never will.
The One, True God stands by my side; it's on Him that I lean and on Him that I depend.
It's in Him that I live, I move and all my being is.

My foundation crumbled yet still I stand.
Jesus, my Rock, is where I stand!
I didn't lose my footing, my footing lost me,
I'm still standing, moving and walking victoriously!

You make me lie down in peaceful, green pastures.
My waters don't rage; though life's storms may.
Your rod and staff comfort, support and protect me
From savage wolves and the places that wrong pathways lead.

In Your shadow I live
I find rest in You.
My hiding place is in Your secret place...
Where we meet Face to face.

How lovely are Your eyes and demanding is Your gaze!
Alone they command al honor, glory and praise.
Your lips are majestic, plumped with love, mercy and grace,
Your Words flow forth smoothly; like honey to my taste.

I don't want to know You by all that You've done,
Just to know You for Who You ARE is simply enough!
Glory to You and all praise is due!
I love You, my God and in You I trust.
Your will be done in my life, not mine own be done.
I give it all to You and in You I'll abide.

1 comment:

Mrs. Brown said...

This is really awesome!Wow! Keep it comin brother!